Max Planck virtual Library
The Max Planck virtual Library provides following services:
- vLib portal - a comprehensive MPG-specific entry point to numerous free and licensed information resources such as reference databases, library catalogs, ePrint servers and subject gateways. The vLibVirtual Library portal offers a metasearch module which enables simultaneous searches in selected resources.
- MPG/SFX server - an OpenURLOpen Uniform Resource Locator link resolver providing context-sensitive services for known references, e.g. a link to the electronic full text, holding information or further retrieval options re-using available metadata.
Both products are tailored to serve the staff of the Max Planck Society. They can be used without individual registration, but logged-in users have access to fully personalized services and more (see login information).
Selected entry points
- About vLib - some basic information for vLibVirtual Library end users, including a resource overview and login information
- vLib news - our blog is used to announce news for the services offered and to share experiences and ideas with a wider community
- vLib documentation - the big reference and our working space
- vLib meetings - overview about the meetings of the vLibVirtual Library project team.