This page gives an overview on the technical interfaces provided by eSciDocEnhanced Scientific Documentation.
- 1 Search&Export Interface
- 2 eSciDoc Data Acquisition Service
- 3 eSciDoc Validation Service
- 4 Control of Named Entities Service (CoNE)
- 5 SWORD (Simple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit) Interface
- 6 PubMan Web Syndication Feeds
The Search&Export interface is a RESTRepresentational State Transfer interface, with which one can extract data from PubManPublication Management. For the extraction the following export formats are available:
- APAAmerican Psychological Association citation style
- EndNote Export Format
The export fomats can be exported into the following output formats:
- PDFPortable Document Format
- RTFRich Text Format
- HTMLHypertext Markup Language
- SNIPPET (PubManPublication Management XMLExtensible Markup Language format with a html snippet, in which the citation of the item in APAAmerican Psychological Association is written)
URLUniform Resource Locator to the interface and the user friendly interface
- URLUniform Resource Locator to the PubManPublication Management productive version of the interface: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport_info.jsp
- Example query for productive version of the interface: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport_rest_sample.jsp
How to search
- Specify the index, in which you want to search, e.g. in all indexed metadata choose index: escidoc.metadata and enter the search term
- if you want to search for more than one word, then put the search term into ".
- you can combine the search in indexes with AND, OR, NOT
- specify the language of the items you want to find, e.g. language=all
- specify the export format, e.g. exportFormat=APAAmerican Psychological Association
- specify the output format, e.g. outputFormat=pdfPortable Document Format
- search for all items, that are submitted for publication and from the Max Planck Society: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport?cqlQuery=escidoc.dateSubmitted=200* AND escidoc.any-organizations="Max Planck Society" NOT escidoc.dateAccepted=200* NOT escidoc.published-online=200* NOT escidoc.issued=200*&exportFormat=APA&outputFormat=pdf&language=all
- search for a certain PubManPublication Management item: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport?cqlQuery=escidoc.objid=escidoc:23018&exportFormat=APA&outputFormat=pdf&language=all
- search for all publications from a certain department: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport?cqlQuery=escidoc.any-organizations="Department of Psychology"&exportFormat=APA&outputFormat=pdf&language=all
The technical documentation of the Search&Export Interface can be found under: ESciDoc_Services_Search&Export
eSciDocEnhanced Scientific Documentation Data Acquisition Service
The eSciDoc Data Acquisition Service is an interface for harvesting data from external servers.
The four steps to fetch data:
1. Choose the presentation of the data
- dataacquisition/view: Views the fetched data in the browser
- dataacquisition/download: The fetched data will be provided as a download
2. Call the unAPISimple Interface for API service interface
3. Provide the identifier of the item you want to fetch
4. Provide the format you want the fetched item in
- A identifier from a supported source (explained in /dataacquisition).
- A identifier = any URLUniform Resource Locator (the eSciDocEnhanced Scientific Documentation DataAcquisition Service has no information about this source and can only try to call the given URLUniform Resource Locator for the fetching request).
The format has to be set to "url". The response will be a zip file of the fetched content. The view option for url identifiers is disabled.
If you are interested in the technical documentation, please read more on this side: ESciDoc_Services_DataAcquisitionHandler
eSciDocEnhanced Scientific Documentation Validation Service
The eSciDocEnhanced Scientific Documentation Validation Service checks XMLExtensible Markup Language metadata for syntactical and semantical correctness. This is done by a Schematron validation based on a given validation template that is selected by the validation schema id and the given validation point.
Access to the service
There are several ways to access the service. Below are links to the RESTRepresentational State Transfer frontend and the SOAPSimple Object Access Protocol frontend. There is also an EJB3 interface called ejb.de.mpg.escidoc.services.validation.ItemValidating.
The technical documentation of the validation service can be found under: ESciDoc_Services_ValidationService
Control of Named Entities Service (CoNEControl of Named Entities)
This interface allows to query and export the controled Named Entities from PubManPublication Management, like journal names etc. Further information on the idea of control of names entities (CoNEControl of Named Entities) can be found under: Control_of_Named_Entities
Explain of the Service and Example Queries
The explain of the Service and Example Queries can be found under: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/cone/jquery/explain
The technical documentation of the CoNEControl of Named Entities Service can be found under: Service_for_Control_of_Named_Entities
SWORDSimple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit (Simple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit) Interface
Access to the Service
- Retrieve Servicedocument: http://dev-pubman.mpdl.mpg.de:8080/pubman/faces/sword-app/servicedocument
- One has to provide escidoc login and pwd. The servicedocument will only contain collections a user may deposit to.
- Deposit a publication: http://dev-pubman.mpdl.mpg.de:8080/pubman/faces/sword-app/deposit?collection=ID
- Where IDIdentifier is one collection identifier provided in the servicedocument
- Mediated deposit is not supported
- X-No-Op functionality is supported
- X-Verbose functionality is supported
- A short description of the SWORD protocol
- A more detailed description of the SWORD implementation in PubMan (with a more detailed description how to test the interface from desktop)
For testing the deposit servlet one can use the Poster Firefox Plug-in.
PubManPublication Management Web Syndication Feeds
Access to the service
The technical documentation can be found under: PubMan_Web_Syndication_Feeds