ESciDoc Committer Meeting 2010-04-20
Date: 20.04.2010 Start time: 14:30
Location: Karlsruhe, München phone: +49-89-38602-223
Participants MPDL: Natasa Bulatovic, Michael Franke
Participants FIZ: Dr. Michael Hoppe, Frank Schwichtenberg, Steffen Wagner, Matthias Razum, Harald Kappus
Previous committer meeting
Next committer meetings
- resource identifier types see discussion on identifier types
- user defined comments in versions
- discuss proposal where/how to set the version comment
- See PREMIS2 Version history specification and related discussion
This is about a type and a value of the idenfifier for "linkingAgent" (the user that triggers the event), linkingObject (the object the event ocured for), and the event itself.
For agent and object we see two possibilities:
- type: escidoc system identifier (a URI should be found), value: 'escidoc:123'
- type: URL, value: '/ir/item/escidoc:123'
Remarks: Case 1 will not fullfil the premis requirement designation of the domain in which the [...] identifier is unique except the identifier type identifies the specific installation/instance of the eSciDoc Infrastructure. For case 2 a base URI must be provided or the value must be an absolute URI instead of an absolute-path and the URI may change in the authority part by configuration of the eSciDoc Infrastructure (cf. RFC 2396, 3. URI Syntactic Components, 5. Relative URI References).
For the event identifier type and value there is the possibility to use the XML ID of the event (xpath: premis:event/@xmlID) or to create a PID when writing a new event. The latter seems to be to much effort for that case. Frank 14:39, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- the DB at MPDL doesn't meet the migration criterias (additional index?)
- waiting for feedback: INFR-874
--MFranke 11:00, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
- Next release candidate in sight?
- SQL performance issues
- FOXML migration (Bugfix for XSLT transformation)?
- INFR-643 Waiting for feedbackfrom MPDL
- INFR-820 fixed, verification tests needed
- INFR-858 fixed
- INFR-859 fixed, docu needed
- INFR-867 Java Lib
- eSciDoc-Colab Page setup
- Alignment of tools and processes (e.g., Maven)
- Improved and harmonized communication of eSciDoc
- eSciDoc Blog
- service names and classification
- documentation of services
- installation guides
- eSciDoc Lab: Colab page gathering experimental modules
- Exchange of staff members for specific developments or share development