Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page collects general ideas regarding the imeji solution
Links to useful tools (technical)
- Ajax Image Editor: with watermarking, its not developed further, but looks nice as is
- imgSeek: a collection of free open source projects for searching a collection of images using visual similarity
- Hpp Gallery: Index and search color in images
- Photostuff: An Image Annotation Tool for the Semantic Web
- Multivio: generic browser and visualizer for digital objects
Links to similar projects
- National Library of Australia
- Flickr example
- Library of Congress
- New York Public Library
- Medienarchiv der Künste Produktmanagement Medien- und Informationszentrum MIZ
- Stanford University Library
A mingle-mangle of Ideas
- Improve presentation of single image with info on:
- number of views of this pic
- Create world map to visualize geotagged images
- New automated collection 'The commons' here are all free pics
- Or ability to filter all commons in the image list
- Click on person metadata triggers search of all pics were this person is in
- integration of ISAN (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISAN) (for audiovisual material)
- What can we get automatically from techn. metadata of image, do we want to auto fill them in the desc. metadata?
- creation date
- comment ...
- Is there a standard for descriptive metadata for media files?
- Where do we get the metadata
- From DB (directly from db or from imeji solution) - no set definition! (implicit)
- From repository (would mean to first implement escidoc data stream)
- static or dynamic?
- Which metadata formats do we want to expose via oai
- dc (mandatory)
- custom (how do we generate dc from here)
- technical format (see above)
- Jhove ?
- Improve advanced search, e.g.: https://www.google.de/advanced_image_search?hl=de&biw=1920&bih=970&q=sun&tbm=isch