This page gives an overview on the technical interfaces provided by eSciDoc.
The Search&Export interface is a REST interface, with which one can extract data from PubMan. For the extraction the following export formats are available:
- APA citation style
- EndNote Export Format
The export fomats can be exported into the following output formats:
- SNIPPET (PubMan XML format with a html snippet, in which the citation of the item in APA is written)
URL to the interface and the user friendly interface
- URL to the PubMan productive version of the interface: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport_info.jsp
- Example query for productive version of the interface: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport_rest_sample.jsp
How to search
- Specify the index, in which you want to search, e.g. in all indexed metadata choose index: escidoc.metadata and enter the search term
- if you want to search for more than one word, then put the search term into ".
- you can combine the search in indexes with AND, OR, NOT
- specify the language of the items you want to find, e.g. language=all
- specify the export format, e.g. exportFormat=APA
- specify the output format, e.g. outputFormat=pdf
- search for all items, that are submitted for publication and from the Max Planck Society: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport?cqlQuery=escidoc.dateSubmitted=200* AND escidoc.any-organizations="Max Planck Society" NOT escidoc.dateAccepted=200* NOT escidoc.published-online=200* NOT escidoc.issued=200*&exportFormat=APA&outputFormat=pdf&language=all
- search for a certain PubMan item: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport?cqlQuery=escidoc.objid=escidoc:23018&exportFormat=APA&outputFormat=pdf&language=all
- search for all publications from a certain department: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/search/SearchAndExport?cqlQuery=escidoc.any-organizations="Department of Psychology"&exportFormat=APA&outputFormat=pdf&language=all
The technical documentation of the Search&Export Interface can be found under: ESciDoc_Services_Search&Export
eSciDoc Data Acquisition Service
The eSciDoc Data Acquisition Service is an interface for harvesting data from external servers.
The four steps to fetch data:
1. Choose the presentation of the data
- dataacquisition/view: Views the fetched data in the browser
- dataacquisition/download: The fetched data will be provided as a download
2. Call the unAPI service interface
3. Provide the identifier of the item you want to fetch
4. Provide the format you want the fetched item in
- A identifier from a supported source (explained in /dataacquisition).
- A identifier = any URL (the eSciDoc DataAcquisition Service has no information about this source and can only try to call the given URL for the fetching request).
The format has to be set to "url". The response will be a zip file of the fetched content. The view option for url identifiers is disabled.
If you are interested in the technical documentation, please read more on this side: ESciDoc_Services_DataAcquisitionHandler
eSciDoc Validation Service
The eSciDoc Validation Service checks XML metadata for syntactical and semantical correctness. This is done by a Schematron validation based on a given validation template that is selected by the validation schema id and the given validation point.
Access to the service
There are several ways to access the service. Below are links to the REST frontend and the SOAP frontend. There is also an EJB3 interface called ejb.de.mpg.escidoc.services.validation.ItemValidating.
The technical documentation of the validation service can be found under: ESciDoc_Services_ValidationService
Control of Named Entities Service (CoNE)
This interface allows to query and export the controled Named Entities from PubMan, like journal names etc. Further information on the idea of control of names entities (CoNE) can be found under: Control_of_Named_Entities
Explain of the Service and Example Queries
The explain of the Service and Example Queries can be found under: http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/cone/jquery/explain
The technical documentation of the CoNE Service can be found under: Service_for_Control_of_Named_Entities
SWORD (Simple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit) Interface
Access to the Service
- Retrieve Servicedocument: http://dev-pubman.mpdl.mpg.de:8080/pubman/faces/sword-app/servicedocument
- One has to provide escidoc login and pwd. The servicedocument will only contain collections a user may deposit to.
- Deposit a publication: http://dev-pubman.mpdl.mpg.de:8080/pubman/faces/sword-app/deposit?collection=ID
- Where ID is one collection identifier provided in the servicedocument
- Mediated deposit is not supported
- X-No-Op functionality is supported
- X-Verbose functionality is supported
- A short description of the SWORD protocol
- A more detailed description of the SWORD implementation in PubMan (with a more detailed description how to test the interface from desktop)
For testing the deposit servlet one can use the Poster Firefox Plug-in.
PubMan Web Syndication Feeds
Access to the service
The technical documentation can be found under: PubMan_Web_Syndication_Feeds