MPDL IT Infrastructure/aei
hosting services at aei
- livingreviews.org (eu)
- livingsources.org (eu, com)
- wpmu installation running in a virtual machine under ubuntu 9.04 2GB ram, 24GB hd
- srvd physical machine, 4GB ram, 85GB hd
- srvp physical machine, 4GB ram, 85GB hd
- srvq virtual machine, 2GB ram, 24GB hd
there's an additional test server for the livingreviews journals.
the virtual machines are fully backed-up/snapshot using vmware services.
the physical machines are backed-up using tsm.
- the IP addresses of our machines are used in various places (which
are not fully documented): - postgresql access configuration, - IP based authentication at various service providers, - log file processing software, - ...
srvp serves > 200 000 http requests per day fronted by apache.
all machines serve http and https on the standard ports, https is served using certificates from the mpdl ra.
http authentication is synchronized between our machines using - openid, - an htpasswd file which is copied between srvp and srvd.
the following software runs on at least one the 4 machines specified above: - apache - nginx - squid - postgresql - mysql - trac - subversion - wordpress mu
all machines run custom software (at least for administration), developed and tested under debian/ubuntu only, requiring python >= 2.5.
service level agreement
response times of the staff at the AEI is specified in the service level agreement accompanying the cooperation contract.