Talk:PubMan Func Spec Feeding local webpages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Users with editing privileges can provide and edit local tags, no specific "local tag-editing" privileges are needed.
- Rupert: For GUI a small tag management is required then. At least: add/remove tag (one ore more tags at once?) to item.--Rupert 13:29, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Local tags can be provided during full submission or as part of the modification of an item.
- Local tags are freely chosen text strings. No controlled vocabulary is necessary.
- Rupert: They might soon call for a tag list. Once they start tagging there will be a need to keep track what tags have been given so far. --Rupert 13:29, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Jacquelijn: I think Rupert is right. So, even though no c.v. is not necessary, we (at institute level) need to think about accepted values for our MPI. Maybe there is a task for the library to check the values of this field, but I do not know how Karin will feel about this!!
- The order of the local tags entered is not relevant.(ie. one or more local tags can be entered in one field, in any order)(???)
- Jacquelijn: should there be any agreement on separator? Or is this not necessary since the query will search for a string anyway?
- Local tags can be modified, the history of modifications does not have to be tracked.
- Local tags are provided on item level, not on component(i.e. fulltext) level
- Local tags have to be indexed to be searchable via Search&Export Interface
- Local tags will be added/edited only on PubMan (???)
- Jacquelijn: I guess so.
- Local tags are displayed at least to users with editing privileges, on the full item view.
- Jacquelijn: I think we agreed that the content of the element would indeed only be visible to users with editing rights, so even when the item is released, the content of the element is not visible for read-only users.
- Restrict searching for local tags on the PubMan Search interface (administrative search) should be possible (???)
Local Tags, Solution proposal
- to use content model specific properties (i.e. pubitem specific properties) to store local tags such as:
- local-tag: MyBest
- local-tag: MyBest, MyRecent
- local-tag: MyBest, MyAwarded, MyRecent
- Therefore recommendation: even if there is not a controlled vocabulary developed it would be nice to have local (institute-wide) agreement on values of local tags wherever possible. --Natasa 12:10, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Consequences if item properties are used:
- Properties are indexed, are therefore searchable (note: only in case when item is released--Natasa 12:05, 21 August 2008 (UTC))
- Modifications of properties (i.e. editing local tags) leads to new version of item. Updated items are therefore included in scheduled update of local website (based on system-specific <last modification date> of item.). Note: updated items are included only in case if they are released (i.e. re-released again).--Natasa 12:05, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Local tags are part of regular export of items
- Item properties can be displayed to any user (or restricted to users with editing privileges, if needed). Note: restricting display of local tags may lead to non-privileged users find accidentally items that contain same value in local tags, but can not see the local tag. Proposal: to display local tags, but maybe not too prominent on view item to all users. --Natasa 12:05, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- We agree with Natasa's proposal to put the local tags on a not too prominent position. [Karin & Jos, 9 sept. 2008].
- "Tagging users" require editing privileges for item, see PubMan Collaboration Scenario --Inga 19:08, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
Please note that the suggested solution may not be a very feasible strategy for supporting the use case in a generic manner, because
- a user can only select those publications he can edit, see Talk:ESciDoc_Access_Rights#Collaboration_on_item_level
- some users already requested a "personalisierte Tag-Vergabe", see Talk:JusCMS_Prioritäten_Hamburg