Talk:PubMan Func Spec Sorting
by metadata elements and item data
The system supports the sorting of the item list according to one of the following metadata elements:
- Date (most recent)
- Creator – Person.FamilyName or Organization.Name of the first Creator
- PublishingInfo – Organisation.Name
- Source.Creator – Person.FamilyName or Organization.Name of the first Source.Creator
and the following item data:
- Last Modified, descending
- Owner --Melanie.stetter 08:53, 4 March 2009 (UTC)decision was not to show owner name, so sorting for owner name doesn't seem to make much sense
The system must support sorting in respect of case insensitivity and special characters (e.g. ä, ö, ü, ß, é, ê, è). --MFranke 10:24, 14 March 2008 (CET) With what respect? Find here some possibilities.
Default system sorting
By default, system sorting is by date (descending). At least one date has to be provided. In case various datetypes are provided in the list, preferred hierarchy for sorting criteria should be (taken from eDoc):--MFranke 10:29, 14 March 2008 (CET): This looks really complicated, even for a programmer.
The sorting is following (according to appearance order):
1) if genre is ( Thesis or PhD-Thesis or Habilitation ) and dateaccept is filled then sort by dateaccept --MFranke 10:29, 14 March 2008 (CET): Would have to be adapted to PubMan.
2) if year is filled then sort by dateaccept
3) if datemodified is filled then sort by datemodified
4) if dateofevent is filled then sort by dateofevent
5) sort by dateofevent 1901-01-01
6) sort by the length of the date, generated in 1)-5) --MFranke 10:29, 14 March 2008 (CET): Huh?