Code Discussion 2009-05-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Intelligent Value Objects
Example: User Groups
- Example class diagram for an intelligent UserGroup VO
- VO contains standard getters and setters
- Additionally: Static inner factory class for calling coreservice methods and processing XML transformations
- Additionally: object methods that call the factory methods
- Easier handling of VO objects
- User does not have to struggle with XML transformation and coreservice methods
- Less code
- Constructor for retrieving object?
- Change Exception handling (RuntimeException instead of Exception)
- Make all coreservice methods object-related, also the retrieve method. Factory is only private.
- Find a more generic way for marshalling/unmarshalling methods