ESciDoc Admin Tool
Jump to navigation Jump to search
eSciDoc Admin Tool
The Admin Tool shall support administrative tasks for eSciDoc infrastructure and solutions. Information on initial implementation available at ESciDoc Admin Tool initial implementation
- administrate core and solutions
- create/alter roles
- control re-cache/re-index
- Style should be easily changeable and be based current solutions. --Haarlaender 15:12, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- CLI (?)
- I don't think this is necessary as an additional abstraction layer. There is still the SOAP and REST interface --Haarlaender 15:12, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- plugin interface to extend support for solutions
- Maybe like a set of managers (one for managing users, one for contexts etc.) with user interfaces that can be "pre-configured". Means certain values are preset by the current solution. --Haarlaender 15:12, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- check on more light-weight technology esp. for the GUI
- 1&1 GUI widgets
- Groovy, Grails
- todo: evaluation of FWs
Review/Evaluation of appropriate web-frameworks
see also a previous evaluation.
- Not very lightweight in my opinion
- Swing-like implementation in Java
- Pro: Pure HTML on view side
- language: Groovy (runs in JVM)
- Java libraries can easily be used
- First glance: Fast development of easy use-cases with db-sources.
- Provides some UI widgets
- JQuery can be used as "Plugin"
- growing community
- W3C recommendation
- Specification is not supported by most webbrowsers (needs special plugins)
- Anyway, Chiba and other demos do not work with my Firefox 3.5 browser.
- Not a suitable solution