ESciDoc Committer Meeting 2010-10-26
Date: 26.10.2010 Start time: 14:30 End time: 15:30
Location: Karlsruhe, München phone: +49-89-38602-223 VidCo-ISDN: 08938602595; alternate ip 18.104.22.168
Participants MPDL: Natasa Bulatovic, Wilhelm Frank
Participants FIZ: Steffen Wagner, Frank Schwichtenberg, Harald Kappus
Previous committer meeting
Next committer meetings
- component - content update for components of released items associated with a PID
- A Component PID should be treated like an "object PID"
- Issues INFR-1023 and INFR-1024 will be fixed for V1.3
- [MPDL comment] Question: Will the solution of those issues require a migration? An existing Component PID has to be in all RELS-EXT datastreams of the Component.
- [MPDL comment] The answer to the above question is, of course, YES, because an 'object" PID has to be in any subsequent RELS-EXT datastrean. The correct question however is: Will you provide a migration procedure?
- will be discussed in detail via Email
- new version will be available soon
- does MPDL needs support from FIZ for moving from MPDL-Lib to Client-Lib?
- [MPDL Comment] will the REST representation have objid's for all referenced objects?
- REST representation will always be delivered - so no object-id's will be provided
- it will be replaced in V1.3 with a new service,
- it will be external to the core
- the new interface uses http
- does MPDL uses the TME handler right now?
- [MPDL comment] Currently none of our solutions is using the TME service.
- MPDL still uses old filter interfaces - please make sure these are not removed from V1.3
- not important anyway, as 1.3 will have admin search - so anyway complete filters have to be reworked in the solutions
New features V2.0
- "On behalf on" deposit
- see also older discussion ESciDoc_Committer_Meeting_2010-02-23#Transfer_Ownership
- Master data across eSciDoc repositories (started at the last workshop)
- Content models
- eSciDoc-Colab Page setup
- Alignment of tools and processes (e.g., Maven)
- Improved and harmonized communication of eSciDoc
- eSciDoc Blog
- service names and classification
- documentation of services
- installation guides
- eSciDoc Lab: Colab page gathering experimental modules