Metadata Registry Matrix
NSDLNational Science Digital Library
- Purpose: publish, share and maintain vocabularies, terms and elements
Oracle Service Registry
- Purpose: is for any kind of service metadata or artifact
- Sun's Service Registry (now Oracle Service Registry) was implemented to provide SOAService-Oriented Architecture Visibility.The registry provides awareness of service descriptions to help consumers determine their willingness to interact with the service. The registry could also provide awareness of consumer descriptions to help providers determine their willingness to interact with consumers.
- as it is commercial and has no free download, I could not test the functionality.
DCDublin Core Registry
- Purpose: contains the DCMIDublin Core Metadata Initiative terms, classes and Vocabs
- DCDublin Core Registry is just for discovering the DCDublin Core elements, terms and vocabularies. You cannot register own collections.
- Purpose: Terminology and Other Language and Content Resources
|Criteria \ Registry||NSDLNational Science Digital Library Registry||Oracle (Sun) Service Registry||DCDublin Core Registry||Isocat|
|Discovery of metadata terms, classes, etc.||yes||?||yes||yes|
|Reuse of Metadata terms, classes, etc.||yes||?||yes||yes|
|Publish own metadata terms, classes, etc.||yes||?||no||yes|
|Upload Schemas (XMLExtensible Markup Language, RDFResource Description Framework)||yes||?||no||no|
|Versioning of metadata||yes||?||no||yes|
|Open Source Registry||yes||no||yes||yes|
|Multiligual Definitions||no (?)||?||yes||yes|
- NSDL Registry
- todo: provide feedback on multilanguage definition and PURLPersistent Uniform Resource Locators creation flexibility