Metadata Registry Matrix
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Purpose: publish, share and maintain vocabularies, terms and elements
Oracle Service Registry
- Purpose: is for any kind of service metadata or artifact
- Sun's Service Registry (now Oracle Service Registry) was implemented to provide SOA Visibility.The registry provides awareness of service descriptions to help consumers determine their willingness to interact with the service. The registry could also provide awareness of consumer descriptions to help providers determine their willingness to interact with consumers.
- as it is commercial and has no free download, I could not test the functionality.
- Purpose: contains the DCMI terms, classes and Vocabs
- DC Registry is just for discovering the DC elements, terms and vocabularies. You cannot register own collections.
- Purpose: Terminology and Other Language and Content Resources
|Criteria \ Registry||NSDL Registry||Oracle (Sun) Service Registry||DC Registry||Isocat|
|Discovery of metadata terms, classes, etc.||yes||?||yes||yes|
|Reuse of Metadata terms, classes, etc.||yes||?||yes||yes|
|Publish own metadata terms, classes, etc.||yes||?||no||yes|
|Upload Schemas (XML, RDF)||yes||?||no||no|
|Versioning of metadata||yes||?||no||yes|
|Open Source Registry||yes||no||yes||yes|
|Multiligual Definitions||no (?)||?||yes||yes|
- NSDL Registry
- todo: provide feedback on multilanguage definition and PURL creation flexibility