Pubman Func Spec Researcher Portfolio
(Redirected from Researcher Portfolio)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The scientists wants to provide an individual entry point to his research stored in the repository, aligned with personal information.
- The public user has found an interesting publication and wants to see more publications of the author.
- The public user is interested in the researcher portfolio of a specific author.
UC View researcher portfolio/profile
- can be triggered from view item version (e.g. icon), with the condition, that the person related to a publication must have an authorized CONE person ID to provide his researcher portfolio
Data structure supported by CONE
- Researcher portfolio is generated on demand, by searching all publications related to this CONE Person ID
- The query returns all released publications related to the person ID.
- A standard layout of publication list is shown,including the personal information of the person as stored in the CONE service .
- The user can query external name authority services when viewing the profile (look-up services for Kaken, WorldCat, ResearcherID, PND, Google Scholar)
- The external photo is integrated by URL.
- The Publication list rendered is sorted by most-recent date, descending.
- The presentation of the researcher portfolio will be in the CONE Service, as this portfolio may contain informations from various escidoc solutions (at the moment only from PubMan).
- The GUI (css) of the researcher portfolio presentation should be escidoc specific, but well distinguishable from PubMan.
- The presentation of the researcher portfolio will be in English, an extra page in CONE service will be needed to provide a translation of the researcher portfolio in e.g. japanese letters.
- NIMS wants it to be visible on the researcher profile who last modified it and when.
- There will be an alphabetic sorting for the displayed org units (if a person belongs to more than one org unit).
- Provide functionality to define own layout of researcher portfolio
- Search within researcher portfolio
- The scientist wants to modify and update his portfolio. He wants to have easy possibility to organize the content on his portfolio, upload content, remove or add certain publications, re-arrange them.
- Contact author (when visiting the researcher profile, link to email. check for spam/hacks)
- Propsal: social bookmarking services for researcher portfolio--Kleinfercher 07:59, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- Export the researcher portfolio in FOAF profile
- Provide internationalized researcher portfolios (e.g. in Japanese)
- Provide information on researcher portfolio on who/when last modification (requirement NIMS)
- SelectedWorks web-service, Berkeley
- VITRO ontology editor, Cornell
- Any blog software? (see Discussion page)
- ISI's HighlyCited.com or ISI's researcherID
- Community of Science, COS
- Epernicus - a profile in a social networking tool
- Example Researcher Page based on Dspace