Talk:Pubman Func Spec Researcher Portfolio
- The scientists wants to provide an individual entry point to his research stored in the repository, aligned with personal information.
- The public user has found an interesting publication and wants to see more publications of the author.
- The public user is interested in the researcher portfolio of a specific author.
UC View researcher portfolio/profile
Status: in design
- can be triggered from detailed item view (e.g. icon), with the condition, that the person related to a publication must have an authorized CONE person ID to provide his researcher portfolio
Data structure supported by CONE
Rupert: I assume 'View Item Version' is ment here. Item details are more related to revisions, statistics. --Rupert 12:33, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Researcher portfolio is generated on demand, by searching all publications related to this CONE Person ID
- The query returns all released publications related to the person ID.
- A standard layout of publication list is shown,including the personal information of the person as stored in the CONE service . MFranke 12:12, 8 January 2009 (UTC) -- Changed link to CoNE colab page and removed XSLT transformation
Rupert: If there is no special requirement the standard list will be applied. Display type: bibliographic view. --Rupert 12:33, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- The user can query external name authority services when viewing the profile (look-up services for Kaken, WorldCat, ResearcherID, PND)
Rupert: Which user is ment, a scientist as a depositor or any scientist? --Rupert 12:33, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Any user/scientist who has access to CONE --Melanie.stetter 09:29, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- The external photo is integrated by URL.
Rupert: What size is available, used most or would be best? --Rupert 12:33, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
TBD with NIMS next week --Melanie.stetter 09:29, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- The Publication list rendered is sorted by most-recent date, descending.
- The presentation of the researcher portfolio will be in the CONE Service, as this portfolio may contain informations from various escidoc solutions (at the moment only from PubMan).
- The GUI (css) of the researcher portfolio presentation should be escidoc specific, but well distinguishable from PubMan.
- Provide functionality to define own layout of researcher portfolio
- Search within researcher portfolio
- The scientist wants to modify and update his portfolio. He wants to have easy possibility to organize the content on his portfolio, upload content, remove or add certain publications, re-arrange them.
- Contact author (when visiting the researcher profile, link to email. check for spam/hacks)
- Propsal: social bookmarking services for researcher portfolio--Kleinfercher 07:59, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- SelectedWorks web-service, Berkeley
- VITRO ontology editor, Cornell
- Any blog software? (see Discussion page)
- ISI's HighlyCited.com or ISI's researcherID
- Community of Science, COS
- Epernicus - a profile in a social networking tool
- Example Researcher Page based on Dspace
researcher portfolio sounds a lot like "blog" to me. shouldn't we just provide blog hosting for researchers? and provide them with a bookmarklet to post their stuff from pubman to the blog? or to any other blog for that matter? Robert 15:16, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- I think this is a very good idea. It would provide the user with all configuration options offered by the blogging software (including hosting of pages, enabling comments & trackbacks, adapting the layout) without putting to much customization requirements on the pubman service... and MPDL already gained some experiences with various blog APIs --Inga 16:34, 24 October 2008 (UTC)