Talk:Faces Album Management
Basic idea of sharing an album (outcome of FACES Meeting 17.02.09):
UC_FAC_AM_01 Create album
- User roles to be checked for album creation. See http://zim01.gwdg.de:8080/browse/AS-525 for more infos. --Natasa 10:47, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
UC_FAC_AM_02 Add picture to album
Possibility to add one picture to more than one single album in one step
- GUI: Is not possible with an intuitive GUI (Data quality! No undo available!) The functionality of seeing which pictures are already in an album (in the browsing view) will get lost. Maybe as administrative feature --Unfried 13:59, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- DEV: Can be technically provided. Tricky part is to automatically tell user in which albums (with status different from "released", "withdrawn" he has privileges for adding) the picture was already added (ToDO: check with FIZ on querying the semantic store) --Natasa 15:46, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- As the requirement of adding one picture to several albums within one step can not be supported by the GUI, we decided to delete it from the requirements. --Kristina 07:49, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
UC_FAC_AM_03 Remove picture from album
UC_FAC_AM_04 Edit album
UC_FAC_AM_05 Delete album
UC_FAC_AM_06 Release album
UC_FAC_AM_07 Withdraw album
UC_FAC_AM_08 Export album
Usage of user groups for the sharing of an album
- Instead of sharing an album with several users, the possibility of creating an user group can be used
- Create a user group
- A user (who has the corresponding privileges) creates a user group by providing e-mail addresses of possible participants.
- The system invites the possible participants via e-mail.
- The possible participants confirm their participation in the user group by following a link provided by the e-mail.
- Sharing of an album with a user group
- User group and their participants must be visible to the owner of an album
- Each user can only see the user groups and their participants he is part of
- During invitation: is interesting to know which users are also invited to the user group (independently if they already have confirmed their participation or not) --> not possible
- One user group will be selected to share the album.
- Users will get a notification but do not have to confirm the sharing.
- When a user does not want to share the album he has to leave the user group. When the group is sharing other albums, too, he will unshare this albums, too.
How to add a shared user
- Two possibilities were discussed:
- Via User Name
- Via e-Mail Address
- Via user name is not possible because the user name is not known by the system when using a handle system --> via e-mail address will be used (was decided in an internal meeting on 11.12.08; participants: Natasa, Rike, Bastien, Rupert, Denise, Markus M., Kristina)
- Check core service feature "retrieveCurrentGrants" of a user, discuss with FIZ on some filter possibilities i.e. given objectID user to get the list of Roles he is in for an object; check Bugzilla issue 707
- FIZ is informed on requirement that the user who owns an object (item/container) shall be able to grant privileges to this item/container -> this is at present not possible, as the only user who is able to grant privileges is "roland"; check Bugzilla issue 708
- The system should be able to only display a list of user accounts which are really at present sharing this album i.e. that have Collaborator role for the album (related issue check Bugzilla issue 707 - not implemented yet in the core service). --Natasa 14:37, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- Work around: The e-mail addresses will be saved as properties of the note pad. --Kristina 16:11, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
UC_FAC_AM_12 Copy album content
Remarks for GUI implementation:
- GUI might be different here because multiselect is necessary. --Unfried 15:33, 8 January 2009 (UTC)