Jump to navigation Jump to search
bringing a new physical server into operation
- Capacity planning
- Trigger xen on machines hosting vms has allocated all virtual cpus (suggestion from Malte: order the next machine when 2/3s of cpus on the old machine have been allocated.
- hardware spec'ed by us. Discussed with Hr. Maas (Dell) after OK from GWDG (Eberhard Moenkeberg). SRV10 has the same hardware (but bigger harddisk) than srv09.
- Pricing: c. 50% discount (MPG Rahmenvertrag). Quote from Dell - beschaffungsantrag - Malte.
- Order placed. Order in May/June 2011.
- Delivery process
- Hardware delivery to GWDG End August, E. Moenkeberg discusses planning and bringing into operation with us.
- OK from Eberhard to do connectivity test server End September / begin October.
this is where we currently are
- GWDG still has to do: kernel backup, Tivoli connections and modifications. Target end of KW 42.