Jump to navigation Jump to search
Further intentions and open issues for the planned user portal:
- idea of establishing user categories to tag the people with
- user categories could follow a system of
- qualifying users in categories like Category:User_Metadata
- qualifying users as experts like Category:Expert_Metadata
- grouping users like Category:Group_Metadata (integration of user groups?)
- the user categories should not be mixed up with the other categories
- can categories be prevented from being displayed at Special:Categories? (the magic word __HIDDENCAT__ put on a category page prevents this category from being displayed on the categorized pages - is there a functionality behind it that may be of use? heads up: the magic word works from 1.13 upwards!)
- is there a possibility of "meta-organizing" categories anyway? would it be possible to create another category namespace (UserCategory)? would the functionalities be the same? would that allow to tag a user page like [[UserCategory:Metadata]]?
how to promote experts?
(in particular of relevance for the twr expert data base)
- one approach might be the people tagging (see above)
- technical implementations: Would it be possible to automatically
- visualize the articles that a certain user contributed to in a preselected way (for example only those made in a chosen namespace) on a user related page?
- or alternatively generate a special page where all users are listed with this information on their contribution?
- and to add the creator and contributors (each one once!) on a chosen article page (maybe also dependent to a namespace or whatever)?
integrating user groups
already created content:
- overviewing article