Wordpress Plugin Categories and Authors
The Wordpress Plugin for displaying all authors with the categories they published in and to display all categories and the authors that published in them.
Please note that this is a temporary page which will later be moved to an appropriate place.
Categories & Authors Plugin
- Contributors: Andreas Gros
- Link: http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/User:Andi/Wordpress_Plugin_Categories_and_Authors
- Tags: categories, authors
- Requires at least: 2.5
- Tested up to: 3.2.1
- Stable tag: trunk
This plugins enables the display of authors with corresponding categories and vice versa.
This plugin allows for the display of all contributing authors and the categories they published in. It can display this data also the other way around: all categories and the authors that published in them.
You can see the plugin in action on the KIM Technology Watch Report site:
If the total number of items exceeds the given limit of
number of items per page a paginator is shown. The parameter
number of items per page can be adjusted on the admin page of the plugin (see Wordpress_Plugin_Categories_and_Authors#Configuration).
Put the following short code on a wordpress page:
- to display authors -> categories:
- to display categories -> authors:
check out the latest version
- Copy the
categories_authorsdirectory into the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
[categoryauthor-content sortkey="author"]in your pages and use the site admin pages of the plugin to configure it for more advanced usage.
- Go to "Settings" and "Category Authors Plugin Config"
- Set the number of authors to be displayed on one page (if the total number of items exceeds this limit a paginator is shown)
- Fix whether or not you would like to show also the category "Uncategorized" and whether or not you would like to show "admin" contributions