ESciDoc Committer Meeting 2011-01-11
Date: 11.01.2011 Start time: 14:30 End time: 15:30
Location: Karlsruhe, München phone: +49-89-38602-223 VidCo-ISDN: 08938602595; alternate ip 18.104.22.168: TelCoNr: +49-89-38602-213
Participants MPDL: Natasa Bulatovic, Wilhelm Frank
Participants FIZ: Frank Schwichtenberg, Michael Hoppe, Harald Kappus
Previous committer meeting
Next committer meetings
1.2 Bug Fix release
- PID - issue resolution
pdf text-extraction of fedoragsearch-indexing
- The fedoragsearch-indexer uses PDFBox to extract text from pdf-documents. The text sometimes is not extracted correctly.
- Status, problem solved?
- since core service 1.2 deployment and the postgres connections, we have had experienced quite unusual memory consumption of postgres. From ca. 10 connections to the database, one of these connections consumes enourmous RAM and is never set free (4-6 GB). The same behavior is on all servers, even those which are simply set as default and have no midnight fetching of data.
- Note that this process is not the postmaster process itself, but is the escidoc-core connection process to escidoc-core database.Our servers start to consume after a while a lot of swap and then after some time the system stops functioning.The total memory of the server where this is really critical is 32 GB, where postgres database itself uses only 1/4 of it.
- Can you please investigate a bit or let us know if you have some ideas how to monitor this problem?
- functionality and scope
AA future developments
- external vs internal roles
- objects on which external roles are granted may not be eSciDoc objects
- scalability/load tests environment (14.12.10)
- partnering in setting-up such tests can be set-up as soon as we have environment defined
- MPDL may have some free resources for setting up such environment next year
- On Behalf-of deposit (14.12.10)
- see also new features for v2.0
- will be addressed in v.2.0 (with ownership - transfer ownership issue)
- eSciDoc-Colab Page setup
- installation guides