1st Groupware Meeting, MPDL Provision/Wacker Group/Administration & General Services
Kick Off 02 of December, 14:00
- MPDL: Monika Nisslein (PR/Berichtswesen), Günter Schönfeld (Information Provision), Rupert Kiefl (R&D)
- Wacker: Luisa Demant
- Administration & General Services: Philip Rautenberg, Ronny Lauenstein
The current groupware solution is unsufficient. Apart from simple calendar functionality it doesn't cover basic needs of groupware acitvities. The application is also outdated. A group of members has been joined to gather requirements, evaluate solutions and drive a setup of new groupware functionality.
Groupware functionality goes beyond bare calendar funktionality and may cover:
- Date planning
- File access
First basic Requirements
Requirements should be collected in one common place to provide all participants with a clear picture of findings. The following bullet points are a first rough collection only. A more precise and generic overview is forthcoming.
- Easy access to calendars on different places - Access to support and help - Client support (Thunderbird, ...)
- Extended contacts management - Client support (Thunderbird, ...)
- Current calendar functionalit is a 'must' - Privacy - Roles - Client support (Thunderbird, ...) - Mobile file access
Who supports/trains/helps users with a new solution? Proposal: Units may have a groupware responsible. (Additional effort!)
Is the team complete? Who else needs to be involved? Proposal: Secretaries as heavy useres need to be interviewed.
How can the heterogenous hardware zoo get support (syncronised)? (iPhone, Android, WiMo, RIM, Lightning, Outlook, Evolution, ...) Proposal: IT just provides one or more protocols (syncML, exchange, ...). (User with unknown devices should care for their own!) Proposal: IT should just documents working solutions for one or two devices but is not 'responsible'.
What is needed at first as a 'must'? Proposal: Define two Steps (starting with basics, addons and 'shoulds' later)
Requirements need to be collected transparently (Work in progress). Next Meeting is scheduled:
Source Table is here (Open Office Format):