On this page, all functionalities of the current PubManPublication Management release can be found.
- 1 Access to content
- 2 Display and export of content
- 3 Creation of content
- 4 Quality Assurance of Content
- 5 Configurable Workflows
- 6 Versioning
- 7 Statistics
- 8 Collections, Organizational Units and Users
- 9 Functionalities R4.1
- 9.1 Submission
- 9.2 Search
- 9.3 Researcher Portfolio
- 9.4 Versioning
- 9.5 Help / Comfort features
- 9.6 Workflows
- 9.7 Export / Re-use
- 9.8 Supporting services & Solutions
- 9.9 Local tags
- 9.10 eDoc migration
- 9.11 Statistics
- 9.12 Status Migration (MPI PL done)
- 10 Functionalities R5
- 10.1 Ingestion (EndNote, WoS, RIS)
- 10.2 Batch Operations
- 10.3 Look-up service
- 10.4 Social bookmarking
- 10.5 RSS Feeds
- 10.6 Fetch from SPIRES and BioMed Central
- 10.7 Contact moderator from view item version
- 10.8 change skin
- 10.9 Automatic generation of E-Mail, when a new user has been created
- 10.10 Change password
- 10.11 OAI-PMH
- 10.12 Change of depositor role
- 10.13 History of affiliations
- 10.14 Collaborator role (R5?)
- 10.15 Visibility (R5?)
- 10.16 Policy for the MPG repository
- 10.17 Copyright MD
- 10.18 SWORD Service
- 10.19 Support for search engine indexing (e.g. google) via sitemaps
- 10.20 Fetch locator file during submission
- 10.21 All relevant services for re-use (Validation service, CoNe, Search&Export, Data Acquisition,)
- 11 Detailed information on specific topics
Access to content
- You can run a google-like search (in metadata and full text) by entering a search term in the top search field.
- Try an advanced search for combining different search fields.
- In addition, you can access the data by browsing by organizational units (Organizations Search).
Display and export of content
- Item lists (i.e. list of references) can be sorted by different criteria, and can be displayed with different level of details (Short, medium views)
- References can be exported in various formats (rtf, pdfPortable Document Format, html, odtOpenDocument) and citation styles (currently only APAAmerican Psychological Association) or sent by E-Mail. In addition, export to EndNote is possible.
- An Search&Export Service allows user-/local specific queries of data for integration into local systems.
Creation of content
Depending on the level of detail, logged-in users have two possibilities to submit data:
- Easy Submission: A wizard-based, short entry mask to provide the minimum bibliographic metadata of a publication. In addition, user can choose to fetch metadata from arXiv or upload a BibTeXReference Management Software for Lists of References reference for pre-fill the edit mask.
- Full Submission: Data entry mask (submission mask), which covers the complete bibliographic metadata for detailed descriptions of publications, creators and affiliated organization, publishing information, related events and subject topics.
Quality Assurance of Content
- automatic validation by the system, based on defined validation points and validation rules. Constraints for validation can be configured for each context (i.e.collection).
- Modification of Metadata after release with appropriate change log (release history).
PubManPublication Management supports the definition of institute specific workflows per context. Currently two publication workflows are implemented:
- simple: In this workflow, the depositor can create items (item state: "pending") and then release them for public view (item state: "released"). After an item has been released by the depositor, it can only be modified by the moderator. After modifying an item, the moderator accepts it (item state: "released"). The option "send back for rework" does not exist in the simple workflow.
- standard: In the standard workflow, the depositor creates items (item state: "pending") and submits them to the moderator for quality check (item state: "submitted"). After evaluating the item, the moderator can either accept the item –making it publicly available (item state: "released") - or send it back to the depositor for rework, in case the item does not conform to the quality standards (item state: "in rework").
- Tracking of working versions (i.e. modifications of metadata)
- Tracking of revisions by relating intellectually revised fulltext versions
- Basic statistics for publication data (Metadata and/or attached fulltexts)
Collections, Organizational Units and Users
Contexts (i.e.collections), Organizational Units and Users are managed in an own eSciDocEnhanced Scientific Documentation solution, called the eSciDoc Admin Solution. This solution is also available for other eSciDocEnhanced Scientific Documentation solutions like FACES or ViRR.
Genre specific entry mask
- Submission masks in full and easy submission are genre-sensitive.
- After selecting a genre for the item, only the genre-relevant fields are displayed.
CoNEControl of Named Entities + autosuggest (persons, journals, language, subject)
- Auto-suggestion lists open as soon as the user enters the first letter of a name, journal, language or DDCDisplay Data Channel subject.
- The user can select a name from the list or continue typing (the list adapts itself according to the input).
- All available data for the selected entry are automatically filled into the respective fields upon selection (e.g. affiliation for authors, publication information for journals, DDCDisplay Data Channel abbreviations for subjects etc.)
Fetch MDMetadata plus fulltext (arxiv, PubMed Central, escidoc instances)
- New fetch options have been added.
- Metadata can be imported with or without full texts.
- Use the "Add multiple" option to copy and paste multiple authors at once.
- Symbols that are usually found within name lists in publications, such as "*", "+" , "#" etc., are automatically cleaned up by the system during parsing of the names.
- An affiliation can be added for all authors at once.
Support BibTexReference Management Software for Lists of References
Improved advanced search
The researcher portfolio can be accessed through the icon next to the author's name in the full item view page. Contents:
- All publications of the author
- Optional elements: personal information, photo, CV, etc.
- Look-up tool for WorldCat and google Scholar
Help / Comfort features
Workspaces (QAQuality Assurance workspace, my items)
Export / Re-use
Support BibTexReference Management Software for Lists of References
AJPApache JServ Protocol citation style
- The citation style of the American Journal of Physics
- Available download formats: pdfPortable Document Format, rtf, odtOpenDocument, html
Supporting services & Solutions
eDocElectronic Documentation migration
Status Migration (MPIMax-Planck-Institut PL done)
Short summary on the functionalities, that have to be added to the main page of PubManPublication Management_Funtionalities and that have to be tested and described in the context sensitive help.
Ingestion (EndNote, WoSWorld of Science, RISResearch Information System Format)
use case needs to be adapted still
Automatic generation of E-Mail, when a new user has been created
(not sure if this will be integrated into PubManPublication Management interface or not)
OAI-PMHOpen Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting
Change of depositor role
History of affiliations
(will be partly implemented; history will only be viewable via OUOrganizational Unit tree)
Collaborator role (R5?)
Policy for the MPGMax-Planck-Gesellschaft repository
SWORDSimple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit Service
Support for search engine indexing (e.g. google) via sitemaps
Fetch locator file during submission
All relevant services for re-use (Validation service, CoNe, Search&Export, Data Acquisition,)
Detailed information on specific topics
|Overview on specific topics|
Search · Export ·
Submission · User Management ·
Browsing and Displays · Quality Assurance