UIE Work/Research Data and Metadata Handling
Interface Conception & DesignUser Interface EvaluationInterface Development
Research- and Metadata Handling
Research data and corresponding meta data can be presented in web environments focus on a set of interaction patterns deriving from dissemination, harvesting and archiving of scientific publications.
Life cycle of interfaces for publication management are accompanied by a set of methods:
- 1 Pattern Library
- 2 http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_AlbumEdit_31_Hover.gif Interface Drafts
- 3 http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_AlbumSolo_31_Hover.gif Interface Concepts
- 4 http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_SharedNotinvolved_31_Hover.gif GUI Workshops
- 5 http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/Virr_Media_TypeCollection_31_Hover.gif Prototyping
- 6 Released Interfaces
The interface pattern library has been developed primarily to aim at publication management. It is subject to be extended towards other fields as well.
Drafts can be seen as first approache to ideas and specific problems. They are triggered by requirements, redesign or evaluation outcome. Please feel free to discuss them in place. As drafts are neither standardized nor agreed artefacts, they are not documented in depth.
Interface concepts enhance specification or provide collateral documentation for development during design phase.
- Display Items: Image Display Size
- Scheduled: 13.08.2009 - 14.08.2009, Max Planck Institute for Human Development
Topics: A brainstorming can be found on Faces GUI.
- User Interface Evaluation/Image Handling, MPDLMax Planck Digital Library Berlin
- Expert Interviews Results
Prototypes can be found here