UIE Work/Publication Management
Research- and Metadata Handling
Corporate & Interface Design (under Rework)
User interfaces for publication management in web environments focus on a set of interaction patterns deriving from dissemination, harvesting and archiving of scientific publications.
Life cycle of interfaces for publication management are accompanied by a set of methods:
The interface pattern library has been developed primarily to aim at publication management. It is subject to be extended towards other fields as well.
http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_AlbumEdit_31_Hover.gif Interface Drafts
Drafts can be seen as first approache to ideas and specific problems. They are triggered by requirements, redesign or evaluation outcome. Please feel free to discuss them in place. As drafts are neither standardized nor agreed artefacts, they are not documented in depth.
- Advanced/Expert Search
- Detail View: Providing Lists of Authors
- Detail View: Providing Lists of Authors II
http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_AlbumSolo_31_Hover.gif Interface Concepts
Interface concepts enhance sprecification issues or provide collateral documentation for development during design phase.
- Menu-Wording: Using of Verbs and Nouns
- Input Data: Treatment of Large Forms
- Navigating Functionality: Breadcrumbs Usage in Web Applications
- Messaging: System Messages
- Organizing Layout & Display: Application Layout
- Organizing Layout & Display: Persistent Application Header
Concepts should include participation as far as possible. Usually prototyping is done during the workshop with attendees. Paper or graphical prototypes will be extended later towards interface drafts.
- User Interface Evaluation/Adding Lists of Authors, MPDL Berlin
- User Interface Evaluation/Easy Submission, Nijmegen
- User Interface Evaluation/Short Item View, MPDL Munich
Expert Interviews 2007
- Expert Interviews/2007 Garching
- Expert Interviews/2007 Munich
- Expert Interviews 2007/Easy Submission Summary
Prototypes can be found here
http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/Virr_Visibility_EyeTrue_15_Hover.gif Usability Evaluation
Interviews for Publication Management Release 2
- Munich: 2 Interviews
- Nijmegen: 9 Interviews
http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_Notepad_31_Hover.gif R2 Interview Analysis
Interviews for Publication Management Release 3
|Date/Time||Mittwoch, 05. November 2008/09:00-12:00|
http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_Notepad_31_Hover.gif R3 Interview Analysis
Interviews for Publication Management Release 4 (Under Rework)
|Date/Time||April - June|
|Date/Time||April - June|
http://colab.mpdl.mpg.de/mediawiki/images/5/5a/All_Status_Notepad_31_Hover.gif R4 Interview Analysis