Difference between revisions of "User Interface Evaluation/Thinking Aloud/Interview Analysis"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
[[Category: User Interface
[[Category: User Interface ]]
Revision as of 10:05, 17 May 2011
Results from 'Thinking Aloud' interviews based on R2
The usability evaluation method 'think aloud' is the most affordable and efficient among numerous test methods. If one follows human centred design principles to go for ISO 13407, it is good way to get relevant issues fast.
11 Persons were interviewed out of 3 domains:
- Scientists (5 Interviews)
- Librarians (4 Interviews)
- Secretaries (2 Interviews)
This is the first result across three person groups. To get a closer picture for one group at least 7 Interviews need to be taken.
The test documents containing all relevant tasks and notes from the interviews can be found here:
The following issues are identified
- Screen jumps on every action to top -> Technical Issue
- Procedure/Wording 'Language' -> Technical/Functional Issue
- Position 'Form buttons' -> GUI Issue
- Procedure 'Add button' -> GUI Issue
- Procedure 'File upload and 'add'/'browse' -> GUI Issue
- Procedure 'Organizations'/'Advanced Search' -> GUI Issue
- Procedure 'Select Mechanism' -> GUI Issue